Thursday, March 11, 2010

Ginger Ale

I'm somewhat of a ginger fanatic. I love ginger candy, ginger ale, ginger beer, crystallized ginger, etc. This is partly because I'm allergic to most anti-nausea drugs and am prone to migraines, and ginger's anti-nausea properties are well documented. Anyway, although this is the North Carolina Bucket List Project, I'd like to make a little shout out to a South Carolina product that has my heart and soul.
Blenheim's Ginger Ale. http://www.blenheimgingerale.com/

Specifically, variety "Old #3- Hot."
This stuff is the greatest. It's easily the hottest ginger ale I've ever had and I've had a lot of ginger ale. When I get a stomachache, I reach for the Blenheim's every time. It's magic, I swear. The first time I had red cap Blenheim's, I couldn't finish a quarter of a bottle, it was so hot. Over the years, I've gained a tolerance and now can down bottles no problem (although I do have to keep chapstick handy for the lip burn.)
Anyway, I've found Blenheim's at A Southern Season and at Fresh Market, but not at Whole Foods. If you're ever in NC and have a craving for some ginger, you should definitely try it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment